Thursday, July 20, 2006

and so, I bid you adieu...for as few days as possible

We shall sleep tonight in the new house! The new house where approx. 2/3 of our belongings now reside, put there by Nathan and myself yesterday. And then we got hungry and it started raining, and I said "we are done!" Plus, the other stuff? It is heavy. Anyhow. The new house does not currently have internet. And because we live somewhere referred to as "rural" that is *so* not rural as of several weeks ago, when the houses started flying up faster than you can even believe (seriously, every hour - I swear that is not too large of an exaggeration - there is a new foundation being poured or a crane attaching a new roof somewhere else or a house being framed that was just dirt 10 - ten! - minutes earlier), it is hard to find internet service. See here, #4. Or don't, because I just told you the exact same thing here. Anyway, what shall I do without internet and tv service? Unpack? Good grief, no. P.S. to anyone who blogs on blogger - did your tool bar mysteriously shrink to almost nothing very recently as well? I can now only bold, italic, link, quote, spell check and add pictures. And we who use blogger all know what kind of attitude that little "add picture button" possess. (I think it is a cousin of the Soup Nazi.) I'm telling you, the threat to move to wordpress just got stronger (kind of like my muscles from moving all that stuff out of the pod!). But really - did blogger change on everyone else, too? Know, that upon my return, I have pictures to post. See you soon! (I really, really hope.)

5 Comments:

At 7/20/2006 12:42:00 PM, Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

I think I would die without high speed internet. My DH is a techno-geek that worked from home as of a week ago. His friend rented an office space and needed tennants. I am going to KISS him next time I see him.

Good luck getting your internet going. If I lived by you, I would come and wipe down walls for you.

 
At 7/20/2006 04:32:00 PM, Blogger bella said...

Good luck with the move -- we're one year in our 'new' house (rental), and I actually emptied a couple of boxes this week! (We'll not think of the piles of them in the garage or the playroom closet!)

And good luck with the internet... BTDT, as well, but its been a while! Maybe you can resort to driving around pirating unguarded wireless routers?? (J/K!)

"See" you soon!

--bella

 
At 7/24/2006 11:41:00 AM, Blogger Syd said...

Hope you're back soon!!

Also, just thought I'd let you know I started a blog...

Pretty exciting about Bek, eh?

Hope all is going well!!

 
At 7/26/2006 01:09:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Good Luck! Moving is so not fun! I have to agree about blogger. If I had known more about it when I started, I probably would blog elsewhere. But, moving is not fun..

 
At 11/21/2009 09:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home