Saturday, July 15, 2006

at the bank yesterday

The bank teller was so nice. Ultra nice. And she was taking awhile to do her task for me so we chit-chatted. She found out we were moving to Utah. She asked where. She asked why. She asked if I had children. "Yes. Two boys. One turns 2 today and the other is almost 5 months." And that's when the ultra-nice teller turned into the you've-got-to-be-kidding-me teller. She actually pushed her glasses down a bit on her nose, turned to me and said something like "wow. That's incredibly close," with a tone of "I bet that was an oops, wasn't it?" thrown in for fun. "They are close. Almost 19 months apart. It's great!" I had to giggle to myself, because she wasn't even close. It's hard to "oops" an adoption.

(Jacob reading to Josh)

3 Comments:

At 7/15/2006 05:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! That's hilarious. I still can't believe she said that to you, though. Seems awfully forward!

I get the you-must-be-kidding-me look when I tell people all these kids are in fact mine. I've been getting that look since there were only three of them.

Thanks for stopping by, btw. :)

 
At 7/16/2006 07:10:00 AM, Blogger smart mama said...

"yes we were using protective measures but adoptions sure sneak up on you sometimes" -hahaha

(if only adopting was such an easy process that it could happen by oops)

 
At 7/16/2006 09:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home