Tuesday, July 18, 2006

warm jacob fuzzies

The Scene: putting Jacob to bed, he's on his makeshift couch/bed about 10 feet behind me; I am sitting in the same room, at the desk working on the computer Jacob: Mommy, I love you. Me: I love you, Jacob. J: Mommy! I squirt Grandma. I squirt Grandpa. I squirt Stacy. I squirt Grandma Gerry. (he's remembering what he did at my parents house 2ish weeks ago - pretty good memory!) M: I know, Jacob. That was fun, wasn't it. J: (laughs) Yes. Fun. Squirting. Mom! I have choo-choo trains. Boxcar. Tank car. (he's holding a box car and tank car of Nathan's he saved from the trash on moving day) M: You like your trains, don't you, Jacob. J: I love trains, Mommy. M: (I go and sit next to him, because he's being cute and being nice and I'm quite enjoying him at this point) Mom's going to give you a kiss. Kiss me back? J: Kiss mom! I love you, mom. Cubber up? M: Yes, Jakey. I'll cover you up. J: Mommy, no monkeys in the tree. And no monkeys on the bed jumping. M: You're right! No monkeys jumping on the bed! J: Ah. Jumping on the bed. No monkeys. (big laughing)Daddy, where is? Daddy on airplane? M: Daddy was on an airplane yesterday. And Daddy will get on an airplane tomorrow to come home to us. J: Daddy on airplane! I like airplanes, mom. Airplanes fly sky. M: They sure do. What do airplanes say? J: (spits all over me - I guess I asked for it) Mommy? I like milk. I like juice. I like waffles. I like nogurt. I like tacos. I like bubbles. Read train magazine? (I get him the train magazine) J: Ah! A caboose! A train magazine! I love you, Mommy. A kiss? M: You've got it, Jacob. (smooch) I really, really love you. J: I love you, Mommy Mommy. I love you. Being a mom is the best thing in the universe.

2 Comments:

At 7/18/2006 07:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW he has a huge vocabulary! Really those are great sentences. Wesleys biggest sentence is Mommy I have poops. And Mommy come and see sisters(he pronounces it scissors)!

And Yes I agree being a Mom is the best thing on the world!

 
At 7/19/2006 06:23:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

How sweet is that! You will be so glad someday to have written that conversation down!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home