Monday, July 17, 2006

This is *almost* enough to get me to quit swearing in my head

Why would I quit swearing in my head? Because if it's this hot here:

(On the way to Target)
(On the way home from Target)
how hot is it in hell? And swearing...probably not the way to get the free ticket to heaven. And while I'm not exactly looking for a free ticket to the good place in the sky, we all know I don't like paying full price for anything. So at least a discount ticket to heaven would be nice. Do you think they have those at Wal-Mart? The Wal-Mart Supercenter with milk and pedicures? For the record - the last time I swore in my head was Saturday, while checking out at the Costco. Because wow. Just, wow. And Nathan was there, and I looked at him after I saw the total, and I said "I just cussed in my head." And he, of course, said "Juuuulie". For the record, I *never* swear out loud. But? The last time I swore out loud was this afternoon. In the Target parking lot. Because I put Josh in the front seat of the cart (padded with one of those super nifty padded-cart-germ-protector things that's kind of like this), and turned to get Jacob out out of his car seat. But when I turned back around to put Jacob in the big part of the cart until we got inside, the cart had gone down a hill that was just slight enough for me not to notice was even a hill, and was about 6...7...8 - RUN! cars away. For the record - it's not that I like swearing. In fact, the silly quote about how people swear because they can't think of more intelligent words to substitute? I believe it. And also, Jacob repeats everything. Which means that my most convienent swear word, crap, is also off limits. And? If I didn't know the entire United States lookied like this: I would think the hot weather was following me. While we packed up our condo in CA, it was 108. AND - our air conditioner broke. Isn't that just the best timing ever for an air conditioner to break? Just after the home inspection and about 4 days before we moved out. Sweet! Expensive! Over! Thank goodness. Shall we return to talking about the hot? I am done with it. It was hot while we were packing. Hot while we were moving. Hot at the in-laws, hot at my parents. Hot here in Utahr. And I am ready for the snow. But please? Do not remind me of that when the first blizzard appears in October. Thanks kindly. And now, I shall clean our "apartment" so I can rest without anxiety while I watch The Closer. Because I just love that show. And cleanliness. And the lack of anxiety. To close on an extra-wonderful note, Jacob and Josh (and Nathan on the side). Notice the amount of effort in Jacob's face in the last picture (the lawn mower was a gift for Jacob's 2nd birthday from my parents - home run). He was mimicing Dad a little too exactly, don't you think? And Josh? He's just as perfect as they come.

3 Comments:

At 7/17/2006 07:52:00 PM, Blogger Awesome Mom said...

You are so much better than me because I swear out loud sometimes (ok well more often than sometimes but I am not a foul mouthed person that lets it fly all the time) Any way I have been trying to give it up too but it is soo hard sometimes. I am sitting here at my computer melting too.

 
At 7/18/2006 04:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay I would have to say that I am the church lady with a potty mouth. Seriously I need a swear jar or something to stop me. Maybe doing it in my head would help. Do you do the run on Clark from Christmas Vacation swearing in your head? Sometimes you just need those you know?

 
At 7/18/2006 10:15:00 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

Cute boys!
I swear in my head, but it's a secret.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home