Wednesday, June 21, 2006

If you're selling, we're likely buying...

Two mornings ago I woke up in the morning after a very vivid dream where Nathan leaned over and told me "Honey, I just got laid off." With our move and all, that would be quite inconvienent. I became more alert and saw Nathan getting ready for work in the dressing area that's just off my side of the bedroom. After I filled him in on my dream and calmed my quickly-beating heart, we decided that - should he actually get laid off in the next two weeks - we'll still move. I'm odd in that I need a contingency plan for everything. And no, I'm not kidding. While eating breakfast I couldn't get that dream out of my head. And the huge-ness of the inconvenience that not moving would be, especially now that 3/4 of our house is packed. And especially since we bought 2 memberships to family friendly places while we were out buying the new house. Actually. We bought both memberships before we were officially under contract on the new house. Silly? Faithful? You pick. The funny thing is that we're not spenders/buyers like that. At all. But, hey - when I see a good deal...get out of my way. Needless to say, we'll be spending lots of time at Thanksgiving Point and Hogle Zoo. And our town has a pretty awesome community center that we can't wait to join, in addition. [Edited to add: we were at Thanksgiving Point and the zoo anyhow. We just didn't wake up and say "hey! Let's go buy memberships to places we've never been! No. We went. We liked. We bucked up a couple more bucks for a membership. Capice?] Joiners.

1 Comments:

At 6/22/2006 10:13:00 PM, Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I am a huge planner too so don't feel too odd about it. Enjoy the Zoo and Thanksgiving Point. We just went to both places on our vacation and had good times with the kiddos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home