Friday, June 16, 2006

bookworm overkill

We're out of town for the weekend - a last jaunt to a favorite coastal hideout before next weeks packing frenzy begins. We brought the computer so we could catch up with the Netflix (that Lost is addicting!), but other than watching movies, I planned to stay off-line and just "be". Well, Jacob and Nathan went swimming and I was inside watching Josh as he napped, and TV was uninteresting and the reading material I brought wasn't quite engaging enough. So I hopped online and caught up on some reading. And I was going to stay off line, but I just had to update with this: We were in our room for about an hour this afternoon for Nathan to work. The kids were supposed to be napping, but Jacob spent the time opening every drawer and examining every nook of the room. He found the Gideon Bible pretty quick. Tonight he couldn't get himself to sleep. He got up, got the Bible out of the night stand, and crawled back in his makeshift bed on the floor. Nathan and I were watching Lost, but listening to Jacob turn pages and "read" the Bible outloud. He really can't go to sleep without a book (or 10) in bed with him - and he's not even 2 yet!

1 Comments:

At 6/16/2006 10:45:00 PM, Blogger Bek said...

That is too cute. I also find piles of books in Lulu's bed when I go in after she is asleep. silly kids.

You got GREAT weather for this weekend. It was about 1000 degrees here today. Have fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home