Tuesday, May 30, 2006

"thank Jacob..."

Just as I was wondering if I was doing anything right, if I was teaching Jacob anything at all, I got warm fuzzies tonight. We were driving back from our Families Supporting Adoption meeting tonight and it was late. The meeting went from 7-9, and I had taken the kids since I expected it would only last one hour. I turned around, and talking to Jacob, asked him if he was tired. "Yes." "When we get home, do you want to go to bed?" "Yes." Nathan and I started talking, and then I noticed Jacob talking to himself. Not abnormal. At all. I turned around, and saw him sitting in his car seat, with his arm folded. His head was bowed the Mormon-kid way (chin touching chest, eyes looking as high up as they can see) and I just heard the end of his prayer: "Nank (thank) Mommy. Nank Daddy. Name of Jesus. Christ. Amen!" And when I go to bed tonight, I will be saying a lot of "thanks for Jacobs". He's getting it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home