Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Variety is the spice of life...

...unless you are me and you are writing Josh's birthmom each month with updates. In our agreement that we signed with Josh's birthmom, D, and the agency, we agreed to write one letter each month for six months, and then one letter each year until Josh turns 18. We also agreed to send pictures with each letter. I called the agency today to see if D has requested any of the letters we've sent (we send the letters to the agency, who holds them until they are requested). She hasn't. I hadn't expected that she would. In fact, I'm guessing that all the letters and pictures will sit in that filing cabinet for quite some time, if they're ever even picked up at all. And that's just fine with me. We're keeping our end of the deal and that's all that matters. I had a great suggestion from another friend and adoptive mom, Bek. She suggested that I could write each letter just to Josh, instead of to D, in a journal type format. That's exactly what I've been doing and I think it's worked out just fine. Except. Except...Josh just barely turned 3 months. Yes, he's got much more of a personality every week, but let's face it. He's three months. Not a ton of new stuff happening in Josh-land. I put myself in D's shoes and try to figure out what she'd want to know - how much is he eating, how much does he weigh, does he laugh and talk and smile and like his family or a particular toy or book - that kind of stuff. I get into as many details as I possibly can, but I tell you - it's not always easy! These mommy-bloggers that write pages and pages for their kids birthday each month when the kids are this young...huh? I've even seen moms do it weekly - not just monthly. Whoa. Dear Josh, You eat well. You're fat. You're healthy. You're happy. We love you. The end. Love, Mom and Dad P.S. The adorableness is overwhelming. And those cheeks? Delicious.

4 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 05:38:00 PM, Blogger Bek said...

Hey!! I see shiny hair!!! :-) Did you start greasing it? Is it still as soft as a baby lamb? He sure is cute. Yummy, in fact.

P.S. I totally hear you on the variety thing. I would talk alot about the family too. What can you do? Mine is active and tearing the house apart and I can barely think of what to write. Good for you for doing it.....

How goes the house showing? Are you surviving?

 
At 5/23/2006 08:18:00 PM, Blogger Awesome Mom said...

Don't worry, you are not the only mom that can't wax poetic about her infant. I have not done one of those X month birthday posts and don't think I will until Harry is 1. Sorry to say they get a bit old after a bit.

 
At 5/24/2006 06:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaawww you are right! The adorableness IS overwhleming!

 
At 5/24/2006 02:55:00 PM, Blogger Valérie Berta Torales said...

Hey! I just discovered your blog, a new Mom myself, and I can relate to a lot of what you say, except the rarely-at-home part!: I'm always at home, since I work from home (we're a circus family) while taking care of my baby.
It's definitely hard to say a lot about a three-month-old except that he's cute...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home