Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday

I discovered Shannon's feature a couple weeks ago, and last Wednesday I went through almost every link and got some awesome, helpful, and fun tips! Yesterday I looked at the calendar and actually thought "hey - tomorrow's Wednesday - new tips!!" Oh, the excitement that is my world. I was sure I had nothing to add, but you know what? Once in awhile I do get a bright idea to pass on. So, not like this is going to be a common occurance fo rme to participate, but here goes... My first WFMW: Who doesn't love the Entertainment Book? I only have 2 friends who will admit to not having one...their big excuse is that they don't eat out. We don't use it for food very often (although we have discovered some awesome restaurants we otherwise wouldn't have gone to because of the price by using the books coupons). Our biggest savings from using The Book come from the entertainment section - zoos, museums, bowling, miniature golf, etc. Usually we can use 2 coupons (or just 1 dinner) and have the book paid for, so everything after that is pure savings. Entertainment Book Tip 1: buy it a couple months late. Starting about 2 months after they go on sale, the price starts getting reduced big time. Tip 2: look on craigslist to buy the book - you can buy it for less from organizations using it for fundraising than you can from the website. (and the version at costco is lousy). The BIG TIP: When you've used one coupon and found you just loved the place and would like to go back...trade a coupon you won't use in the book for another coupon for that activity! I found a bunch of people on Craigslist looking for coupons for the wine section or golf section or wanting food coupons we won't use who were more than happy to pass over the zoo and bowling coupons so we could get even more savings. Sweet!

9 Comments:

At 5/24/2006 08:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a neat idea! It also limits coupons from being strolled out everywhere this way, doesn't it??

 
At 5/24/2006 08:29:00 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

I admit to not owning one of these books (or even knowing what they are--I had to guess), but I think that's because I live smack in the middle of the boonies. LOL

Great idea about trading coupons, though. Kinda makes me wish we lived closer to the zoo.

 
At 5/24/2006 08:34:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Perfect idea! I always end up with a lot of unused coupons, and it would be great to get something out of them!

 
At 5/24/2006 08:34:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

Your the second mention I've seen of Craigslist this morning. I'll have to check it out. We used to sell those books as fundraisers when I was a teen. I don't know if they have them around here.

 
At 5/24/2006 09:48:00 AM, Blogger Gabriela said...

I love Entertainment books. Good idea!

 
At 5/24/2006 10:11:00 AM, Blogger Jeana said...

Hi, Julie! Sorry about the linking error on my site--it's fixed now. Thanks for letting me know.

I love the Entertainment passbook! Didn't know about craigslist--thanks!

 
At 5/24/2006 11:18:00 AM, Blogger smart mama said...

oh great idea- we never use those ones either

 
At 5/24/2006 01:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good idea!

I enjoyed your visit at my place, come back again and make yourself at home!

 
At 5/25/2006 08:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those books! I totally would admit to having one (if I did)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home