Wednesday, April 19, 2006

six things meme

I got tagged by Jennifer for the six things meme. Reason I don't usually do memes: I can rarely, if ever, think of enough bullet points to finish the darn things. You know how so many bloggers do a Thankful Thursday Thirteen or whatever it is? Like I can promise to think of 13 things in the same category on the same day? As if! So I'll do my best to think of six weird things about myself. If I stop after 2 it's not because I'm not weird, it's because my brain has been sufficiently taxed for the day. 1 - I can twirl my tongue to make it go completely upside down. I've not met anyone else with my amazing talent. Most people think it's gross, but I think they're just jealous. 2 - Even though I am a voracious reader, it is only on the very rare occasion that I buy books new. They either come to my house used or borrowed from the library. 3 - Tacking onto #2, I have no problem paying late fees at the library. (except for that one $12 fine...it was for 2 movies that were 3 days overdue - each movie had a fine of $2 per day - and we didn't even watch them!!) I figure that the library saves me thousands of dollars per year, so I actually consider paying late fees to be my little way of "giving back". And no - that's not just the lazy mans way of justifying returning books late. 4 - Symmetry is a big deal to me, to a point that's almost OCD. Hmmm...so that's where Jacob gets it from. When I was a kid, it was to the point where if I itched my elbow on one side, I'd have to itch the other elbow just to keep things symmetrical and even. 5 - I can't touch raw wood. Wooden spoons? The wood part of a pencil? Popsicle sticks? I'm shivering right now just thinking about it. If it's sanded, polished or something like that, we're fine. But raw wood? (shiver) 6 - I still have "issues" with the dark. I wouldn't call it scared, let's just use the word "uncomfortable". If you're reading this and you want to play, consider yourself tagged.

2 Comments:

At 4/19/2006 10:03:00 AM, Blogger Rachelle said...

Ok, I think you are part my lost twin or something because #3 and #6 are so me. Paying late fees doesn't bother me. It means they can buy me more books to read. And yeah, darkness and me have issues, especially if dh is not at home.

 
At 4/21/2006 08:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am actually totally opposite. I like to buy books just to see them look pretty on my bookshelf. I do like to read, but since becoming a mother I don't have much free time to do so.

Cool thing about the tongue. Never seen that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home