Tuesday, April 18, 2006

scenes from a Tuesday

We went to a farm/ranch near out house today. It's just small, and mainly used as historical field-trip teaching thingy (yes, I've been out of the classroom a long, long time) for 3rd graders. It was full of animals and their poop and mud which made it heaven for Jacob. He wouldn't stop chasing the twin goats, and insisted on trying to pull daddy goats beard. He also kept trying to poke the poor mommy goat when she was nursing the twins. We visited the sheep and pigs and another goat area, but Jacob was mesmerized by the chickens, and especially the rooster, which said "cockle-loo" over and over. Jacob has been mimicking the rooster much of the day, "cockle-loo"ing his heart away. He went home kicking and screaming and full of mud. Much fun was had. After naps we went to Costco. Produce wasn't on my list, but then again, neither were the fruit snacks, 2 books, or photo albums that we came home with, either. Walking to get the frozen chicken we passed some produce and Jacob started screaming "ta-mo! PLLLL-ease! Ta-mo!" Ta-mo* is his word for 'tomato' (hey, it used to be may-may, so at least it's evolving) When your one year old kid asks for vegetables, you buy them. Period. I don't care what was on the list. My mood has been majorly elevated by the 2 amazingly sunny days we've had here. Two! In a row! Not only was today sunny, but it was over 70. You'd think we lived in California. Oh, wait...we do. Anyhow, I decided to stop at the park on the way home. Because, you know, that's what a woman with a car full of frozen and refrigerated food does on a warm day. Apparently, everyone else in town had the same idea. I talked Nathan into cutting out of work a little early and meeting us at the park. As we were watching Jacob play in the really tall grass, a mom called over to me: "Hey! Is that your kid? You know where he's playing is muddy?" Yes, today I will admit that he's my kid. Yes, I know it's muddy. He's a boy, he's 1, he's happy. Good stuff. *Speaking of Jacob-speak, my favorite word he has right now is the one for "bathtub" - he says "ta-ta-bub".

1 Comments:

At 4/18/2006 09:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son used to call a step stool a "blep blool". It was so cute, I just hated to finally correct him. It's just so cute how their language changes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home