Wednesday, April 26, 2006

a new food group in our house!

Jacob never used sidewalk chalk before today. To get him excited about it - ok, to get him to stop screaming after I so rudely yanked him out of the library - I talked about it the whole 4 mile drive home from the library. Chalk! We're going to color! Outside! Where it's 75 today! With CHALK! Chalk is SO fun! Chalk! We got home, and I got him a sippy and the chalk and he started to scream. CHALK!! CH-ALK!! It sounded like he was being attacked by CHALK! but at the same time, wouldn't touch it. Are you as confused as I was? I went outside to show him how cool coloring with chalk - outside! - can be. And he sat down on the kitchen floor and started crying: "Chocolate. Chocolate. Choc. Chocolate." Apparently, he must have thought that I had just started abbreviating the word 'chocolate'. How confused must he have been? Chocolate! Outside! on the Sidewalk! He came around. We're good. And he's not eating it. Yet.

3 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 08:37:00 PM, Blogger Lei said...

Lol! I had a similar experience today with my almost 4 yr. old... invited him to sit in mommy's chair in mommy's room (a very big deal) to watch a cartoon while mommy rested. Well, he doens't watch many cartoons and otherwise wsan't listening to me very carefully. So he thought I was talking about popcorn. Of course he was then upset that I wasn't inviting him to spill popcorn all over my bedroom floor, lol.

 
At 4/27/2006 11:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie - I found your site (I am such a stalker on the internet). Its going to make me miss you more - hope the packing is going well
Love ya - CAmellia

 
At 4/28/2006 12:15:00 PM, Blogger Rachelle said...

LOL! That's a funny story. No, chalk is not an abbreviation for chocolate. Can't wait till we get to sidewalk chalk age!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home