Wednesday, April 26, 2006

a new food group in our house!

Jacob never used sidewalk chalk before today. To get him excited about it - ok, to get him to stop screaming after I so rudely yanked him out of the library - I talked about it the whole 4 mile drive home from the library. Chalk! We're going to color! Outside! Where it's 75 today! With CHALK! Chalk is SO fun! Chalk! We got home, and I got him a sippy and the chalk and he started to scream. CHALK!! CH-ALK!! It sounded like he was being attacked by CHALK! but at the same time, wouldn't touch it. Are you as confused as I was? I went outside to show him how cool coloring with chalk - outside! - can be. And he sat down on the kitchen floor and started crying: "Chocolate. Chocolate. Choc. Chocolate." Apparently, he must have thought that I had just started abbreviating the word 'chocolate'. How confused must he have been? Chocolate! Outside! on the Sidewalk! He came around. We're good. And he's not eating it. Yet.

4 Comments:

At 4/26/2006 05:21:00 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

Okay I thought my son was the only one who wouldnt touch chalk! Wes saws EWWWW all the time about it yet when we play with bubbles outside he puts the stick in his mouth and says YUM....odd I know.

 
At 4/27/2006 08:37:00 PM, Blogger Lei said...

Lol! I had a similar experience today with my almost 4 yr. old... invited him to sit in mommy's chair in mommy's room (a very big deal) to watch a cartoon while mommy rested. Well, he doens't watch many cartoons and otherwise wsan't listening to me very carefully. So he thought I was talking about popcorn. Of course he was then upset that I wasn't inviting him to spill popcorn all over my bedroom floor, lol.

 
At 4/27/2006 11:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie - I found your site (I am such a stalker on the internet). Its going to make me miss you more - hope the packing is going well
Love ya - CAmellia

 
At 4/28/2006 12:15:00 PM, Blogger Rachelle said...

LOL! That's a funny story. No, chalk is not an abbreviation for chocolate. Can't wait till we get to sidewalk chalk age!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home