Tuesday, April 25, 2006

what the heck?

I'll join the fun...here's your chance to learn all the nitty gritty boring details of my life:

How many times has someone on your friends list posted about something and you were really confused, but you didn't want to ask because you knew you SHOULD know? How many times have you felt 'guilty' asking a question that should be 'obvious'?

Well, here's your chance.

If you've missed a few things, missed an entry and are confused, ask me anything. Even something EXTREMELY basic, like where I live! I'm not allowed to get even slightly irritated at any of the questions - we've all missed things before.

2 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 08:42:00 AM, Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I am just wondering why you decided to adopt your youngest son. Do you get a lot of wierd looks for having a child of a different race in your family?

 
At 4/27/2006 08:51:00 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Wow...I could talk forever about transracial adoption - it's not a question that can be so easily answered. To answer #2 first: we don't get weird looks at all. In fact, I've not had anyone ask if he's my child, and Nathan (my dh) has only had the question once. Everyone who talks to me about Josh just coos over what an adorable baby I've got! Mabye they hear Jacob saying "oooh, brother!" so they just know? Then again, he's only 2 months right now, so I know we've got lots in store for us. Also, we live near SF right now in a very multicultural neighborhood, so I don't think we really stick out *that* much. We're moving to Utah in a few months, so I'm sure we'll stick out a lot more there!

Why did we adopt? We knew it's what God wanted us to do right then. Since Jacob was tiny (and I mean tiny - about a week or two old) I knew there was another child that was going to follow very close in age. As time went on and I was dealing with the severe postpartum issues, I couldn't even fathom getting pregnant and giving birth again; taking the risk to go through that again? The more we prayed, we knew what we should do - adopt.

As far as adopting transracially: we believe that a child is a child - not a black child or a white child or a brown child; and all have souls to be loved and nurtured. That's a very simplistic view, but the basic bottom line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home