Saturday, April 29, 2006

Hi, Dad

I just got a phone call from my sister. "Did you know that Dad reads your blog?" Ummm...no, I didn't. Well, Dad, at least you could drop a comment that says something like "Hi, Favorite Daughter. I read your blog!" (note, watch for a comment to this post where my dad leaves the exact comment I just suggested. Because that's just like him. Well, except for the Favorite part. Because my sister also reads this blog and - since she lives in his house - would start something like World War 3 if she really knew I was the favorite.) As more and more people in real life (current friends, college friends, family) are reading my blog I've become a little more self-conscious. So I asked my sister if I sound like a self-absorbed idiot, or if I overshare. I've been worried about the oversharing thing for a couple weeks. The idiot thing? Not so worried. Because if you met me in real life it would only take a minute for that to become glaringly obvious, anyway. She said I sound just like "all the other blogs - do you think they sound like self-absorbed idiots?" Nope. Not at all. Not the few blogs I read regularly, at least - mostly mom blogs, LDS blogs, LDS-mom blogs. So, it's settled - I'm not self-absorbed, don't really overshare, and am not a total idiot. Back to packing.

3 Comments:

At 4/29/2006 09:46:00 PM, Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I don't think you sound too self absorbed. I have not yet mustered the courage to tell my family about my blog. I am too chicken and I think I would censor myself too much to keep it real.

 
At 5/01/2006 02:17:00 PM, Blogger Lei said...

Lol... my family is just catching onto my blog, too. I figure it is a good way for them to get to know "the other side" of me! ;)

 
At 5/04/2006 09:15:00 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

i sometimes wish my family and friends didn't know about my blog, because i definitely feel the need to censor it because of them.
but no, i don't think u sound like a self-absorbed idiot either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home