Sunday, March 26, 2006

Here's how YOU can help ME!

Josh is big. He's outgrowing the bassinet very quickly. Jacob stayed in our room, in the bassinet, for 8 weeks before I moved him into the crib in his room. Josh isn't going to last 3 more weeks in the bassinet. Remember? He's BIG. I'm having anxiety about putting the two kids together!! Why? Oh, I'll tell you why. The day? Yesterday. The place? My house. The scene? Jacob is sleeping in his room, and Josh is sleeping in the living room where I am on the phone. Josh wakes up. I obviously don't get to him in time because I hear this: Jacob: AAAAHHHHHH!!!! MOM! Joshie!! Really, though - reread that in the whiniest yell you can manage. He was totally tattling. And it was hilarious. But only for a split second because this was the first time he's ever tattled on anyone. And then he wouldn't go back to sleep. At least it was only a nap. But wait! There's more! Also yesterday, I put Josh in the crib (Jacob is in a toddler bed, same room) while I was picking up Jake's room yesterday, and Josh started fussing. And Jake THREW toys INTO the crib: "here josh! Play!" They missed Josh but OH MY GOSH. Nervousness. The you helping me part? Find me anyone who has transitioned two children into the same room and tell me how it's done with both children sleeping through the night (quit laughing and just humor me, okay? Great, thanks.) and emerging unscathed (really, quit laughing) from the bedroom the next morning. Seriously. The laughing? Not funny. Help. Please?

6 Comments:

At 3/31/2006 03:29:00 PM, Blogger j.sterling said...

shit.. i only have 1 kid, so i'm not there yet. sorry and good luck!
you could always lock them in closets at night? lOl.. kididng

 
At 3/31/2006 07:16:00 PM, Blogger Awesome Mom said...

Well right now we have the baby in the room in his crib with us. He hated the bassinette so only ever spent a few nights in it. Once he gets on the same night time sleeping schedule we will be moving him in with his brother. He is pretty close. They go down at the same time but the baby is up at 5:30-6 am.

 
At 3/31/2006 10:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i did it. but my baby was about 4 mos old. i take it yours is much younger than that.

 
At 3/31/2006 11:51:00 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

I actually have THREE boys in the same room. It's a BIG room and the older boys have bunks and the baby is in a crib.
I put the baby to bed 1/2 hour before the big boys - he's a good sound sleeper... but only if he's been asleep for a little while. So after he's been asleep for while I put the older boys in bed. The oldest is a morning person so he get up with dad and they do their thing. The rest of us tend to wake up at the same time. I love it and don't hink I'll change it EVER!
HTH!

 
At 4/01/2006 01:11:00 AM, Blogger Bek said...

This is the reason that our Jacob slept in the walk in closet until he was one!! I don't have any advice, but I know that others have done it...so you will figure it out too.

We totally had the "throw things in the crib" phase. You just have to be careful about leaving them alone together.

MORE PICTURES!!! :-)

 
At 4/02/2006 05:47:00 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

omg, i just went back and reread posts because i missed all of this (josh's adoption), but i just wanted to say congratulations!!! how wonderful and amazing! :)
good luck w/ the transition. sorry i have no words of wisdom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home