Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Exercise? Ha HA FUNNY

I like my gym. It's a simple "just the basics" gym - no pool, no classes; just cardio and weight equipment. I feel comfortable there. I have been on a treadmill with an extremely buff man running 9.5 miles per hour on one side of me, and an elderly man using an oxygen tank strolling along on the other side. It's an everyman's gym. But it is also The Gym with the Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Child Care. Alright, maybe it's not terrible or very bad. But it's definately no good. When Jacob was sitting on his Only Child Throne, it was barely acceptable. For $1 per hour, I got an unattentive 20-something sitting in the back of the room on a chair, watching as several toddlers played by themselves. When walking into the daycare room, the first thing she asks any child is what movie they want to watch. And at the first signs of wimpering, she has the front desk fetch the mommy, because, obviously, the cries of a child might get so loud that they will blow her hair out of position. Can't have that, now, can we? The worst thing about the gym daycare? They don't take kids until the child is 6 months old. I understand, seeing as how it's not top-quality daycare, it's not someplace I'd be eager to leave my young child anyhow. But to a mom desperate for 30 short minutes on an elliptical? How much damage can sub-par daycare do an infant anyhow? Coming up next: How I have fought the workout-at-home demons - and lost, so far.

6 Comments:

At 3/14/2006 10:01:00 AM, Blogger Rachelle said...

BTW, can you explain bloglines to me? What is it and how do you use it?

 
At 3/14/2006 01:55:00 PM, Blogger Julie said...

With bloglines, you list the blogs you read frequently and add the feed (super easy for blogs on blogger, and just as easy if you see "subscribe to my feed" on any other blog).

Then, instead of having to check every single blog you read to see if there are updates, you only check bloglines, and it tells you if and when there are updates. It just makes it a lot faster, and convienent.

 
At 3/14/2006 02:27:00 PM, Blogger Lei said...

Yikes, I've been wondering how gym daycare works! Can't ait tor ead about the workout at home demons! I could blog about that one for sure, lol.

 
At 3/14/2006 03:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps
do you mind if i link to you on my page? just let me know if it's ok with you.
:)
amy

 
At 3/14/2006 04:10:00 PM, Blogger Julie said...

link away!

 
At 3/15/2006 03:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, nice to see another gal out there with the same warped sense of humor. I am AGAINST gyms. Primarily because I'd rather be dragging my toddler up a mountain outside vs. instead watching nifty sweathogs show off their latest workout gear in the gym. Call me crazy. Oh wait...they already do.

Signed,
Crazy Bloggin' Canuck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home