Tuesday, March 07, 2006

There is no title to describe our morning. Nope, there isn't.

We're awesome. Except for those nightmares I had last night due to the jaw-dropping 2 hours of 24. Or maybe they were brought on by poopy diaper fumes. Can't remember. Ok, fine. No nightmares last night. But here's the deal. Last night, in my head, while feeding Josh at about 2:30 AM, I had this great post in my head. But then at 5:00 AM, I couldn't remember it. So I thought I'd just do a general update that says we're doing awesome. Because we are. Or, we were, that is, until 5 am. Jake woke up for the 3rd day in a row at 5 am and thought it was morning! Time to wake up! And play! This morning we decided to let himself cry back to sleep. Didn't work. Mommy lost her patience. We finally all were up by 5:45. Josh was unusually fussy. Jake was cranky. Mommy went back to sleep from 6:45 to 7:15 or so. Woke up to realize that we were late for the car appointment (our Civic got broken into while we were in Utah. Cheap radio? Gone. Small A-shaped window on the back door. Gone) but couldn't face life without a super-quick shower. Went into the living room to discover that all of the 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes I'd washed and dried and FOLDED into nice NEAT piles were scattered all over the living room floor. Given, it's my fault they were still on the living room floor from last night, but I couldn't very well put them away with Jake asleep last night, could I? Nope. Again, mommy lost her patience. Anway, the 8.3 miles from our house to the car place took 32 minutes to drive since mommy slept in and we got to drive in rush hour traffic! Yeah! Then we dropped daddy off at work, ran home to meet my friend who came over with her 2 girls to keep me company. An adult - woot! And Jake wasn't very nice to his friend who was here, or to me, or to anything else in a 3 mile radius of him. And then, OF COURSE, he wouldn't go to sleep for a nap, which he is usually really great at. But now? Now. It's 2:22 pm. Jake is asleep. Josh is asleep. Mommy is caffeinated. The world is good.

1 Comments:

At 3/08/2006 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Rachelle said...

Glad things are going mostly well. You're starting to scare me about having two children. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home