Monday, February 13, 2006

Sharin' the love

I've previously explained I take lots of pictures. I just downloaded pics from the weekend. Friday night until yesterday (I don't think I took any pictures today - whoa!). Two & a half days. 136 pictures uploaded. That does not include the pictures I deleted off the camera before they got downloaded. Wowzers. But, for the record, we had a big weekend. We took Jacob miniature golfing for the first time Friday night. Hilarious disaster. "Golfing" lasted about 5 minutes, if that. The rest of the evening, it was Jacob running away with our balls. If you heard a female voice shouting (twice, each time an accident, I swear): "Jacob, show Daddy your balls", it was me. Much easier than actually trying to hit the ball, isn't this?: We went to the Chinese New Year Parade in San Francisco - Gung Hay Fat Choy! Being there made me miss teaching again. Every once in awhile I get that soft spot back in a big way. I loved teaching reading and writing the most. But the "extras" with first graders are the icing on the cake. We went to the parade with friends who didn't know much about Chinese New Year, so with each part I was explaining (the red envelopes, lanterns, firecrackers used to scare off bad spirits, etc.) to my friend, I was remembering the wonderful children's literature I would use to share this holiday with my former students. And I took some pictures of a side dish from last night for my food blog (http://insidemykitchen.blogsome.com, will be updated tomorrow). Oh, and we can't forget the fish's near death experience on Saturday that will get it's own post; starring the fish, as well as the husband.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home