Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I hate laundry

I wish I had a clever title for that post. There is no clever way to say that I hate laundry more than any other household chore. I will scrub ten toilets for every load of laundry I do not have to fold and put away. I jest not. That part on my sidebar where it says "don't hold your breath for the cleaning" part? Not joking, people! [Really, though, my house is usually disinfected, mostly clean, and generally organzied. Unless Jacob has been awake more than 5 minutes. Then all bets are off.] To prove how much I loathe taking care of the laundry that is piled up on my bed, I will give you a rare treat! A peek in! A look inside my mind and how it tries to get out of laundry. Julie's brain: well, you did just create a new and exciting, personalized just for you, flylady weekly cleaning chart last night. And laundry day - according to the new chart - is Monday. And you did specifiy on the chart that "doing laundry" means cleaning, drying, folding and putting away every stitch of previously dirty cloth. And wasn't there something on that flylady website that said if you miss a chore one week, hey! - don't worry!, just hit it then next? So maybe you can just pick out of the laundry baskets until next Monday. Wait, that's 5 1/2 days away. And you don't love wrinkled t-shirts that much. And it is hard to find Jacob's socks in the piles of grown-up clothes. And if you fold clothes during Jake's nap, you can watch whatever you've got saved up on Tivo at the same time. Five and a half days is a LONG time to pick through laundry baskets. I mean, five would have been something to consider, but five and a HALF? Probably too long. But you hate laundry, so... SEE WHAT I MEAN? That's how much I hate laundry. Even after writing it all out, I have no idea when, if or how the laundry will get put away.

1 Comments:

At 2/08/2006 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Rachelle said...

I hate laundry too. I'm ok with the whole washing thing. Folding and putting away is where I draw the line. As testified by the 5 foot stack of laundry waiting to be folded in my bedroom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home